Tuesday, June 7, 2011

On Dreams

I have studied dreams for a long time, for my age. For about 4 years now, I have studied, contemplated on, researched and logged dreams for the sake of figuring out why they happen. I have done this for obvious reasons, of course.
In a nutshell, dreams are (most often) simply a reflection of our most subconscious wants, needs, and desires. Not only needs, but the past can get in on the gambit too, as well as fears, the future (or time in general), drugs, eating habits, withdrawals, sickness, or the loss of a loved one. Fishbein, W. (Ed). (1981). Sleep, Dreams and Memory.(Chapters 7,8,9,11,12,13). New York: Spectrum.
This arouses more thoughts. 
I don't do drugs, so that cancels out drugs and withdrawals. I never eat anything unusual before bed, I have not gotten sick since 2005, I am looking forward to the future, and as for fears, they certainly don't show up in my dreams. This leaves the past, needs, and loss of a loved one.
I realize that its obvious by now what the backstory of the dream is. Man loves woman, man loses woman, woman ends up in his dreams. 
You're pathetic.
Now I just need to know...
Why she decided to follow me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment