Monday, June 6, 2011

Thoughts

Society has destroyed our perception of beauty. Obvious, right? I came to realize that (physical) attraction is so much less than skinny women, skimpy clothes, and all that jazz that every guy seems to obsess over. I think that attraction has more to do with uniqueness. Listening to a few friends talk about a certain girl they find attractive, I started thinking about it (after looking at a picture of said lady). I realized that this girl is just a typical college girl. I didn't find her attractive at all. I mean, pretty, yes, but I was not physically attracted to her (not to mention any other kind of attraction, but I can get to that later). To me, this girl looked just like any other high school/college girl that you would see on billboards, movies, TV, magazines, and the like. (And not that photo-manipulated stuff, either. Just a typical pretty American young lady.) I was, bored of her, in a sense, despite the fact that it was the first time I had seen her. At first I thought that this was just a personal opinion kind of deal, but more and more stuff kept coming at me. I think that beauty (while being relative) all has to do with uniqueness. I don't understand why anyone would even try to be like someone else they saw. It takes away from who they are as a person (cliché, I know), and makes them less appealing in a sense, or, boring. I find myself attracted to the girl who isn't afraid to go out without makeup, or the one that doesn't try too hard to cover up her acne. Acne is natural, everyone! Now, I like a lady with makeup, by all means. It shows that they do care about making themselves presentable, but at the same time, I need to keep in mind that it is kind of a mask. A female who tries really hard to look good using makeup, comes off as insecure to me, not more attractive. I think that women need to realize that (getting to the root of it) they are trying to attract men with all that makeup, but there are definitely men out there that will find you attractive regardless. Don't try so hard!
Another thing. When I say "unique", I don't mean unique to such an extreme to where you're creepy. Don't make up your own language. 
Conclusions to this thought, I say to all the people out there, don't be someone else. Would that not mean that someone would be attracted to that someone else, and not you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment